Eligibility, selection & distribution
Applying for and receiving Concordia undergraduate awards & bursaries
Concordia’s Undergraduate Scholarship and Awards Committee oversees and administers undergraduate scholarships, bursaries, and awards. The committee is composed of:
- Four faculty members
- One member from Enrolment and Student Services
- One Concordia Student Union member
- One member of the Concordia Council on Student Life
- Managerial staff from the Financial Aid and Awards Office.
The Financial Aid and Awards Office acts on behalf of the committee in routine / daily administrative matters, and also plans and oversees the annual award cycles.
The committee normally meets several times over the Fall and Winter semesters.
All scholarships, bursaries and awards at Concordia University are restricted to students in Bachelor's programs only.
Entrance Scholarships are awarded by the Faculties to new admission candidates on the basis of top Cegep grades or equivalent (Canadian high school etc.). In the Faculty of Fine Arts, most Entrance Scholarships are issued on the basis of portfolios. Only selected candidates are notified.
Entrance Bursaries are awarded by the Financial Aid and Awards Office to newly-admitted students following an application-based competition that includes a financial need test and holistic committee review. Applicants are notified of the results after the Financial Aid and Awards Office receives results from the bursary committee.
In-Course Scholarships are awarded automatically by the Undergraduate Scholarships and Awards Committee on the basis of top Assessment GPA (4.30). Only selected candidates are notified.
In-Course Bursaries are awarded by the Financial Aid and Awards Office to previously admitted students following an application-based competition that includes a financial need test and holistic committee review. Applicants to the In-Course Bursary program must be in acceptable academic standing with a minimum Assessment GPA of at least 2.00. Applicants are notified of the results after the Financial Aid and Awards Office receives results from the bursary committee.
Please note that you may hold only one (1) of the following types of Concordia awards during a given academic year:
- Entrance Scholarships
- Entrance Bursaries
- In-Course Scholarships
- In-Course Bursaries
This policy ensures that as many students as possible will receive a scholarship, bursary, or award each academic year.
Please note that:
- You may hold more than one of these awards if authorised by the Undergraduate Scholarships and Awards Committee.
- You may hold any number of external awards in addition to your scholarship or bursary.
- Undergraduate awards
- About awards
- Eligibility, selection & distribution
- Concordia award opportunities
- External award opportunities
- Indspire Financial Award and Mentorship Opportunities
- Yconic - External Awards Resource
- National Educational Association of Disabled Students
- Rhodes Scholarship
- Louer.com Student Scholarships
- Lebanese International Finance Executives Scholarship
- Fonds de recherche du Québec - étudiants-chercheurs étoiles
- Pierre Peladeau Bursary Competition 2020
- International Scholarship Opportunities for Canadians
- External Award Resources
- Aboriginal Ambassadors in the Natural Sciences and Engineering Award
- DESJARDINS SCHOLARSHIPS
- Auto Pool Reel Scholarship
- MADD Bursary 2019
- Happy Sleepy Head Scholarship Program
- Yconic Early Bird Scholarship
- Ad Standards Scholarship - $1500
- Chamberlain Real Estate Group Scholarship Program
- The Canadian Academy of Engineering Scholarship Opportunities
- Soni Law Firm Scholarship Campaign
- Telegraphstar Organization Scholarship
- The Montreal Lakeshore University Women's Club Scholarship
- The Foundation of the Canadian Lebanese Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FCCICL) Scholarship
- Bourse d'engagement de la Fondation CRHA
- Programme de bourses de la Fondation des CPA du Québec
- LONDON GOODENOUGH ASSOCIATION OF CANADA SCHOLARHSIPS FOR GRADUATE STUDY IN LONDON, ENGLAND
- Awards search